STARBOARD WINGBOARD LITE TEC
€999.00 – €1,079.00
Starboard Wingboard Lite Tech
2021 sees the first year for Starboard developing wing specific boards. As with all their products, you can count on cutting edge technology and amazing quality. This wingboard gives you an early take-off, has superb balance while riding and you’ll love the easy touch down and fast relaunching . The flat tail rocker and sharp rails forward help increase ground speed until you’re flying. This increase in speed will get you up on foil quicker, so you can spend more time flying. Sharp channels that get deeper towards the tail will really help you pump/rock the board up onto foil. The recessed deck improves stability and control while the drain area lets the water out the back. Roughly translated – you’re going to have a lot of fun wing foiling and wing surfing. This board will make it easier and more fun flying around while chasing swell or cruising your local spot.
• Recessed Deck – Improves stability as you have a lower center of gravity and brings you closer to the foil for more control when up on foil.
• Boxy Rails – This board is chunky where you need it to be. This increases the float and stability so you can ride a shorter and narrower board.
• Flat Tail Rocker – Sharp rails forward increase ground speed until take off
• Cutaway Tail – Allows board to release earlier and reduces rails from catching through turning.
• Foil Position – Optimized for early lift, fast takeoffs and gives a very balanced trim when on foil. Board has foil markers on the bottom so you can tune your foil more accurately every time!
• Drainage Channels – The tail of the board lets the water drain out immediately once foiling.
• High Volume Tail – boost your overall float to ride such small boards
• Channel Bottom – The channels get deeper towards the tail which helps while pumping and rocking the board to get on foil. Also helps with stability.
• Footstrap Inserts – Make it easy to know where to position the feet and always be in the right spot to trim the board.
• Carry Handle – The handle is moved to the bottom of the board to avoid interfering when foiling and really easy to carry.
• Lite Tech Construction – There is extra rigidity form the unidirectional stringer bands and solid with added rail/nose reinforcements. Australian Pine on standing area for extra impact resistance and rigidity in the most critical area. All inserts have added high-density foam reinforcements.
-The 4’6″ x 25″ is the smallest and most agile/manueverable model for advanced lightweight riders ups to 165 lbs
-The 5’8″ x 25″ is short and narrow. This is the performance size for intermediate and advanced riders up to 187 lbs.
-The 6’7″ x 28″ is the mid-size option that is the ideal balance between stability, glide and maneuverability for riders up to 209 lbs.
-The 7’0″ x 30″ is the most stable size for riders up to 242 lbs and those that just prefer more stability. The longer length also increases the glide and speed to get on foil.
* We have used the 7’0″ for lessons and so far we love it. The rails are chunky, but makes this board so stable that it really makes it easy for beginners to be comfortable while foiling. The narrower nose and outline make the board glide up to speed easy and let you cruise right up on foil. All in all, we really like these boards and think you will too.
5’8”x25”, 6’7”x28”, 7’0”x30”